The Mohajerani lab (https://douglas.research.mcgill.ca/majid-mohajerani/) at McGill University is seeking prospective M.Sc. or Ph.D. to join our lab for Winter 2025 semester. The focus of student’s project will be on analysis of animal behaviour and brain activity using deep learning tools. To be qualified for this position, ideal candidates must have a solid background in computer vision and be familiar with neuroscience. As part of this role, students also must complete coursework for neuroscience program at McGill (www.mcgill.ca/ipn/), a university known for its world-class research and academic excellence, providing them an intellectually stimulating and inspiring environment for their career growth. We are searching for dedicated researchers to join our lab, so if you like tackling challenges, you are welcome to apply! Lastly, the successful candidate must have a collaborative spirit, as this role involves cooperation with multiple institutions and investigators.
Deadline: March 31st, 2024
- Academic Background: M.Sc. or B.Sc. in computer science, computer engineering, neuroscience, or related fields. Solid foundation in machine learning , and knowledge of experimental neuroscience (e.g., optical imaging/ontogenetic, electrophysiology, behavioural assessment) will be a bonus.
- Technical Knowledge: Familiarity with deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch), and image processing in Python.
- Soft Skills: Individuals who are driven by curiosity, practical problem-solvers, and team players.
- Passionate About Neuroscience: A genuine interest in computational, and/or behavioural neuroscience and a commitment to contributing to the field.
What we offer:
- A Focus on Behavioural Neuroscience: Dive deep into research that aims to unravel the complexities of behaviour and brain dynamics through AI. Our projects span various aspects of the field, offering a rich environment for academic and personal growth.
- Collaborative Environment: Work alongside leading scientists in a supportive, interdisciplinary team where your ideas and contributions are valued.
- Resources: Access to cutting-edge technology and resources to facilitate your research, experimentation, and learning.
- Real-World Impact: Engage in projects that aim to translate scientific discoveries into practical applications, making a tangible difference in the field and beyond.
- Academic Excellence: As part of McGill University, you’ll be immersed in an environment known for its high standards of research and education.
How to Apply:
If you’re passionate about machine learning and want to work in a dynamic and exciting environment, please apply with your resume and a cover letter describing your relevant experience and why you’re the right fit for this role. We strive to ensure that our team is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. All qualified applicants, including women and members of visible minority groups, are welcome to apply. If you meet all the requirements, please fill out the following form: