The Nominations Committee is composed of at least 5 members and chaired by the Past-President of the Association. The Nominations Committee reviews all nominations for membership in the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, and prepares a slate of candidates for election if more than one suitable candidate is presented.
The Nominations Committee also reviews all applications for the Young Investigator Award and selects the awardee.
Committee members serve a two-year term.
Chair of the Nominations Committee:
Shernaz Bamji, Past-president of CAN (UBC)
2022-2023 Committee members:
- Arezu Jahani-Asl (University of Ottawa) – year 2
- Tiina Kauppinen (University of Manitoba) – year 3
- Sarah McFarlane (University of Calgary) – year 3
- Melissa Perrault (University of Guelph) – year 2
- Mojgan Rastegar (University of Manitoba) – year 2
- Simonetta Sipione (University of Alberta) – year 2
- Marie-Ève Tremblay (University of Victoria) – year 2
- Vince Tropepe (University of Toronto) – year 2
- Louis-Eric Trudeau (Université de Montréal) – year 3
Ad-hoc members (non-voting): Leigh Anne Swayne CAN Secretary (University of Victoria), Keith Murai CAN President (McGill U)