The Nominations Committee is composed of at least 5 members and chaired by the Past-President of the Association. The Nominations Committee reviews all nominations for membership in the Board of Directors and Executive Committee, and prepares a slate of candidates for election if more than one suitable candidate is presented.
The Nominations Committee also reviews all applications for the New Investigator Award and selects the awardee.
Committee members serve a two-year term, renewable once.
Chair of the Nominations Committee:
Keith Murai, Past-president of CAN (McGill U)
2023-2024 Committee members:
- Arezu Jahani-Asl (University of Ottawa) – year 3
- Tiina Kauppinen (University of Manitoba) – year 4
- Sarah McFarlane (University of Calgary) – year 4
- Melissa Perrault (University of Guelph) – year 3
- Mojgan Rastegar (University of Manitoba) – year 3
- Marie-Ève Tremblay (University of Victoria) – year 3
- Vince Tropepe (University of Toronto) – year 3
- Louis-Eric Trudeau (Université de Montréal) – year 4
- Doug Altshuler (University of British Columbia) – year 1
- Alyson Fournier (McGill University) – year 1
- Azadeh Jafari (Western University) – year 1, trainee member
Ad-hoc members (non-voting): Leigh Anne Swayne CAN Secretary (University of Victoria), Adriana Di Polo CAN President (U Montréal)