- Passionate and excited about research?
- Ready to support HSC as it continues to grow and become a more formidable and recognized leader in the global Huntington Disease (HD) space?
- Organized and able to juggle competing priorities?
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from HD. Our team is in search of a Research Lead to assist the organization in furthering its mission and strategic objectives related to research. This newly created position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide program support for all cl inical and scientific projects and corresponding relationships with patients, families, industry, academic institutions, government agencies, and research donors to further the mission of the organization
- Manage HSC’s existing network of scientists in basic, translational and clinical science to enable them to advance new treatments for HD
- Work with HSC’s Family Services Team to develop and maximize impact of care for individuals with Huntington Disease
- Passion for HSC’s mission and demonstrated commitment to the non-profit sector and patient population
- A Master’s Degree (or equivalent)) in life sciences is required
- An advanced degree (PhD, or PharmD) is desired
- Solid understanding of biology and research is required
- Knowledge of Huntington’s disease and/or other neurodegenerative disorders is preferred
- Experience translating and communicating complex scientific and medical information in understandable
language to educate all constituencies of the organization
- Proficiency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in French is an asset
- Superb interpersonal skills and collaborative style
- Willingness to travel, as well as able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and products
- Experience working with videoconference software
Resumes with cover letters can be emailed by end of day on April 22, 2022 to:
Please enter “Research Lead” in the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest – only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.