A funded postdoctoral fellow position is available (start date is negotiable) at Dr. Junchul Kim lab in Psychology/Cell and Systems Biology Department in the University of Toronto, Canada. The lab uses optogenetics, chemogenetics, intersectional viral tools, and calcium imaging to understand neural circuits underlying memory in mice. The selected candidate will also participate in collaborative projects for investigating working memory, anxiety, and escape behaviours. A strong understanding of behavioral neuroscience is desired.
Specific skills and qualifications for the position include:
- PhD in Neuroscience, Physiology, Psychology, or a related field.
- Experience with stereotaxic surgery.
- Experience with mouse behavioral tests.
- Experience with in vivo calcium imaging is desirable.
- Experience with molecular biology is encouraged but not a requirement.
Salaries will be in line with University of Toronto postdoctoral stipend levels. To apply, please send curriculum vitae, a brief statement of research experience and interests, and letters of reference to Dr. Junchul Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please also visit our website to learn more about the lab: www.junchulkimlab.com
100 St.George st, Room 4028.
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto,