There is growing momentum in support of a concerted effort to increase support for brain research in Canada, and the Canadian Association for Neuroscience would like to invite you to participate in a panel discussion on this topic at the upcoming Canadian Neuroscience Meeting, The details of the event are as follows:
Date: Monday, May 29 – noon to 1:30PM
Location: Montreal Bonaventure Hotel (CAN meeting headquarters)
Proposed event title: Stronger together: building capacity for a Brain Moonshot in Canada
- Adriana Di Polo – CAN Vice-President
- Deanna Groetzinger – Manager, Public Affairs & Partnerships at Neurological Health Charities Canada
- Jennie Young – Executive Director, Canadian Brain Research Strategy
- Vivianne Poupon – President & CEO Brain Canada Foundation
The objective of this panel discussion is to discuss opportunities to work together to increase funding for brain research in Canada. This increase can be through targeted initiatives such as those provided by a brain moonshot initiative, but also through funding for basic research via tri-agency.
Other specific objectives include.
- Unifying the voices of Canadian Brain Research
- Exploring how each partner can maintain their unique character while participating in a joint advocacy effort, with a common message.
- Engaging CAN members in advocacy and providing opportunities for our members to take action in support of brain research.
- Getting community feedback and input
The session aims to be an open discussion, rather than a series of formal presentations.
We hope you can join us for this important discussion to further Canadian Brain Research.
Karun Singh and Liisa Galea,
Co-Chairs of the Canadian Association for Neuroscience Advocacy Committee