The purpose of the Canadian Association for Neuroscience shall be:
- To promote communication among neuroscientists throughout Canada.
- To represent the interests of Canadian neuroscientists at national and international levels.
- To promote research in all disciplines contributing to the understanding of the nervous system.
- To contribute to the advancement of education in the Neurosciences.
- To provide for and assist in the dissemination to the general public of the results of current Neuroscience research and its significance in relation to health and disease.
- To raise funds and to provide income for the above purposes.
(CAN-ACN By-laws, Article 6)