Call for abstracts: February 22, 2021 to June 1, 2021
Poster Abstract Submission
Abstracts are classified along the following themes:
- Theme A: Development
- Theme B: Neural Excitability, Synapses, and Glia: Cellular Mechanisms
- Theme C: Disorders of the Nervous System
- Theme D: Sensory and Motor Systems
- Theme E: Homeostatic and Neuroendocrine Systems
- Theme F: Cognition and Behavior
- Theme G: Novel Methods and Technology Development
- Theme H: History, Teaching, Public Awareness and Societal Impacts in Neuroscience
Preparing your presentation for submission
- Select a Presentation Theme that most closely describes your presentation
- Prepare to enter all authors (lead and additional) names complete with their affiliation/organization name and email address
- Prepare an abstract title (max 225 character limit)
- Prepare the abstract text (max 1600 character limit, spaces included)
- Submit the abstract via CAN’s online submission tool in the appropriate text box. Please note: when submitting the abstract cut and paste it from a text editor (i.e. notepad, wordpad, textedit et al.) to ensure it does not include underlying formatting that may cause errors.
Poster presentation – virtual format
In due course all accepted poster presenters will be provided with a unique link to access their own virtual poster space. Each presenter will then be required to finalise their space by uploading the following information by July 30th 2021.
On-demand poster displays:
All poster displays will be available to access and view by all CAN attendees at any time during the conference, and will be available for 30 days post conference. Each poster will include the following information:
- PDF of poster image
- 2-5 minute pre-recorded video presentation, summarising the poster is highly recommended! (optional)
- PDF handouts/supplementary documents, links to videos, or other web based information in support of your poster
- Zoom link if you wish to set up some face2face sessions (optional)
- The ability to text chat and 1:1 video chat within each poster display space
Live poster sessions:
During these live sessions, you can enter the networking space in gather.town to ‘stand’ at your poster and video chat to your fellow attendees and poster presenters in real time.
Only active members in good standing can submit or sponsor an abstract to present a poster at the CAN Annual Meeting.
Please follow the steps below to ensure you are compliant with CAN submission procedures.
Step 1: Become a member of the Canadian Association for Neuroscience for the new membership year. Click here to renew / become a member of the Association in order to submit
Step 2: Once you have become an active member, please click here for member only access to the submission portal
Please note: if you are not a member of the Association by the submission deadline, your poster will not be considered for presentation at the CAN meeting.
Please use the following link to update your abstract: