The important support that IBRO has been providing to members of under-represented groups to participate in the CAN meeting over the last years has been an important way to diversify and improve attendance in our meeting.
Again in 2021, the IBRO US-Canada regional committee (IBRO-USCRC) is offering IBRO awards to encourage participation of Canadian trainees from underrepresented groups in the CAN meeting.
These awards are for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to attend the 2021 virtual CAN meeting, and cover the price of meeting registration.
1. Trainee needs to be a student or post-doc member of CAN
2. Trainees should be presenting a poster or giving a talk at the CAN meeting.
3. Trainee must be a member of at least one of the following underrepresented groups:
- Aboriginal people (including Status Indians, Non-status Indians, Métis, and Inuit)
- Visible minorities
- The LGBTQ community
- Persons with disabilities
- Students attending a smaller university/college (non U15 universities);
4. Trainee must agree to have their names shared on the CAN website, in our newsletter, and with IBRO for their communication/promotion efforts.
Attendees can apply for IBRO Awards here:
CAN will acknowledge publicly the IBRO Awards, and the names of the trainees will be listed on the CAN website as “IBRO award” winners.
CAN will provide the IBRO-USCRC a list of awardees and the amount awarded.