Stay connected at this year’s meeting. The official CAN 2015 Mobile Meeting App will be available shortly as a free download for iPhone, Android, Blackberry and all tablets, and in a web version for all other web browser-enabled smartphones.
As a CAN attendee, the app is designed to maximize your time and experience with the meeting.
Information at your fingertips
- View all meeting information on your mobile device (program, abstracts, speakers, etc.)
- Browse the program by date and time, theme, and track
- Search for individual abstracts, sessions, speakers and exhibitors
- View full abstracts without the abstract booklet
- Navigate your way through the conference with easy zoom maps
- Have access to meeting documents and last minute session handouts
- Build a personalized schedule with built-in reminders
- Browse local restaurants and attractions
Stay connected before, during, and after the event
- Receive important conference-related notifications and updates
- View attendee profiles
- Opt into messaging and share contact/schedule info with other attendees
- Participate in the live session polling for each session
- Create bookmarked exhibitor list, take note on an exhibitor and/or mark them as ‘visited’
- Upload conference photos to share with the CAN community
Session and poster display
- Browse sessions/posters by theme
- View speaker profiles linked to sessions
- Take notes within specific sessions/posters that can be saved and emailed
Free and easy!
- Extremely user-friendly
- Available as a free download in the App Store and Android Market
- Email support during conference
- Built-in QR code scanner
Works across mobile devices
- Native app* for iPhone, Blackberry, Android and tablets
- Web app* for all other devices
- Multi-device sync
*A native app is one that is installed directly onto the mobile device and can work with no internet connectivity, whereas, a web app works via a web browser and requires an internet connection.
Download the app today and start exploring!
Instructions for Downloading the App
A- I downloaded the 2014 CAN App
Did you access our app at the 2014 meeting in Montreal?
If so, and you still have the Podium Conferences and Events App on your device, simply open the Podium App and select the 9th Annual Canadian Neuroscience Meeting App.
If you have since removed the Podium Conferences and Events App from your device, you will need to download the app again. See the section below for details.
B- I am new to the CAN App.
If you are new to the CAN App, you can access the app through one of the following channels.
Option 1 – Scan the QR Code
The QR code pictured to the right will take you to the mobile application for Podium Conferences and Events, a division of De Armond Management Ltd. Within this app you will find the official 9th Annual Canadian Neuroscience Meeting App download. If your phone/tablet already has a QR code reader, simply scan the QR code to access the app. If your phone/tablet does not yet have a QR code reader, there are many free apps for this that are available in the App Store and on Google Play.
Option 2 – Search the App Store
Search for ‘Podium Conferences & Events’ in the App Store or on Google Play and install the app on your mobile device. Within this app you will find the official 9th Annual Canadian Neuroscience Meeting App download.
Option 3 – Access the Web Version
If you have a smart device that is not an iPhone, Android, Blackberry or tablet (i.e. if you’re using a PC or laptop), open your device’s web browser and visit http://app.core-apps.com/can-2015. No download is necessary for this option.