This is a grant funded position with room for growth and expansion. The ideal person will have both program management, as well as technical, skills associated with conducting research.
- Slicing/mounting and immunohistochemistry on fixed rodent brain tissue
- Preparation of rodent brain tissue lysates for protein analysis
- ELISA detection of proteins in rodent brain tissue lysates
- Will be taught how to perform basic electrophysiology.
- Keep a detailed and organized lab notebook
- Oversight of general lab upkeep
- Hazardous waste disposal
- Basic solution preparation
- Updating protocols/solution recipes
- Maintaining stocks of lab supplies
- General lab cleanliness
- Training new lab members on all of the above techniques
- Assistance in grant writing, and meeting biosafety and animal care application requirements.
- Experience in Biomics, or with statistical analyses with R, would be strengths.
- Minimum 2 year technical diploma in a related field is required
- Experience with any of the following would be a definite asset
- western blotting
- colorimetric protein assays
- molecular biology techniques (genotyping, RNA/DNA purification, qPCR)
- colorimetric, endpoint ELISAs
- Ability to prioritize duties and work independently with little supervision an asset
- Ability to learn and understand new techniques well enough to train and troubleshoot for more junior lab members
Flexibility in the work schedule to accommodate childcare and school pick-up/drop off needs may be possible.