Funded PhD positions in Neurophotonics and Visual Neuroscience at the Université de Montréal (www.opto.umontreal.ca/cortex). We use a range of behavioral and neurophysiological techniques including calcium imaging and optogenetics on mice to study brain circuits underlying vision. We also focus on exploring plasticity after a stroke in the visual system and developing innovative neuroprosthesis devices to restore vision.
Candidates with a strong background in in vivo Neurophysiology AND/OR Behavioral Neuroscience AND/OR Engineering in Neuroscience are encouraged to apply.
Please contact Pr. Matthieu Vanni (firstname.lastname@example.org) with
- a full CV,
- motivations for joining the lab and
- contact information of two referees.
- MSc or equivalent degree in natural, medical sciences, bioengineering or related fields.
- Good English AND/OR French communication skills, both oral and written.
- Be eligible to join a PhD Program of Vision Science or Biomedical engineering at the Université de Montréal.https://admission.umontreal.ca/programmes/doctorat-en-sciences-de-la-vision/
- Proficiency with Data analysis using Matlab or Python
Contact information email@example.com