Satellite symposia events are independently organized by community members and complement the main Canadian Neuroscience Meeting by providing opportunities for groups to meet before or after the main CAN meeting.
The Canadian Association for Neuroscience provides the following services to satellite meeting organizers for a fee of $500 CAD + taxes.
- Posting of information about satellite events on the CAN meeting website
- Promotion of satellite event to the community as part of regular e-blasts
- Inclusion in the CAN meeting program
- Inclusion in the CAN meeting program-at-a-glance
- Possibility of renting a limited number of rooms at the meeting headquarters or of hosting event offsite.
Satellite event organizers must assume responsibility for meeting registration, payment processing, AV rental, food and beverage orders.
Cost for room rental: $750 CAD
AV Costs: $1500 CAD
Please use the form below to submit a proposal for a CAN satellite symposium or event. All submissions will be reviewed by our meeting organizers and the scientific program committee.
All symposia and pre-conference satellites/workshops should include women, under represented minorities and/or early career scientists. A strong justification is required for proposals in which participant diversity is not included. Furthermore, attempts should be made to ensure that the participants in symposia and pre-conference satellites be from multiple institutions, so the meeting attendees get the benefit of cross-institutional collaboration.
The official submission period for satellite events is October 25 to November 29, 2022