JOB VACANCY: Scientist
LOCATION: Montreal, Quebec
SALARY: Negotiable; Dependent on experience + Pension + Healthcare + 24 days’ annual leave
About Cerebrasol Ltd:
Cerebrasol Ltd. was established in 2001 to provide clients with highly specialised contract electrophysiological research. The company provides a flexible, highly skilled service with fast turnaround that meets the needs of a wide range of biopharmaceutical companies. We have a large portfolio of clients ranging from small start-ups to multinational pharmaceutical companies.
We focus on confidentiality, flexibility and technical excellence.
Individuals are expected to support Cerebrasols’ Core Values by demonstrating their ability to work as part of a highly trained dedicated team of electrophysiologists. They should display integrity and commitment to excellence at all times. Employees will act in accordance with all of Cerebrasols’ policies and procedures, and to conduct themselves exclusively in a professional and courteous manner.
As a Research Scientist, you will be responsible for conducting experiments and analytical assays, contributing to the delivery of research contracts, assisting with the preparation of research reports for clients and manuscripts for publication.
- PhD in Neuroscience, Physiology, Pharmacology or closely related life science required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the area of in vitro electrophysiology.
- Knowledge in the area of in vitro electrophysiological recording from isolated central or peripheral nervous system preparations.
- Excellent laboratory, record keeping, data analysis, and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal) and experience managing internal and external research projects.
- Good time management (schedules, timelines, task prioritisation) and the ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a resident of Canada.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to Marie Arnold, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further details available on request
Closing Date 15th October 2019
If you have any medical, social or ethical reasons for avoiding work on experimental animals, then do not apply for this post.