Nevro Corp. is looking for a neuroscientist (2 year contract) who has experience with patch clamp from spinal cord and/or brain slices. Essential function of this position is to perform electrophysiological studies on the mechanism of spinal cord stimulation being developed from Nevro Corp. in addition, need to provide scientific oversight for all active projects, including giving timely feedback and/or advice within the department and all supporting groups.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD in Neuroscience and postdoc experience in pain field at least 3 years.
- Experience with rat and mice surgeries.
- Experience within vivo and/ or in vitro electrophysiology in rat /mice spinal cord and brain.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- A legal status to work in Canada.
- Experience with viruses and viral injections in rodents.
- Experience with in vivo/ in vitro imaging studies.
- Experience with standard rodent surgical methods.
Lab location: Mississauga, ON