An opportunity exists for a Research Scientist to join our leading team of internationally recognised neuroscientists performing world-class research into novel therapeutic approaches to target disorders of the nervous system. Cerebrasol Ltd have active research programmes focussed on pain, neurodegeneration; including Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, and mood and anxiety disorders. We employ a multidisciplinary approach with state-of-the-art electrophysiological recording techniques to monitor abnormal electrical activity associated with these conditions. Cerebrasol is part of a group of companies based in Montreal, the UK, and Melbourne and the successful candidate may be required to engage in work overseas in the UK and/or Australia. As a Research Scientist, you will be responsible for conducting experiments and analytical assays, contributing to the delivery of research contracts, assisting with the preparation of research reports for clients and manuscripts for publication.
- PhD in Neuroscience, Physiology, Pharmacology or closely related life science required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the area of in vivo electrophysiology and/or behavioural pharmacology.
- Knowledge in the area of in vitro electrophysiological recording from isolated central or peripheral nervous system preparations.
- Experience/interest in new technologies such as optogenetics and freely-moving animal recordings.
- Excellent laboratory, record keeping, data analysis, and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal) and experience managing internal and external research projects.
- Good time management (schedules, timelines, task prioritisation) and the ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have fluent English written skills and spoken skills.
Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Canada. Salary dependent on experience. If you have any medical, social or ethical reasons preventing working on experimental animals, then do not apply for this post.
Applicants should send their CV, the contact details of two referees, and a cover letter outlining their research interests and experience to: Marie Arnold