The Violence Prevention Neurobiological Research Unit (VPNRU) at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, which is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, seeks a motivated and enthusiastic post-doctoral fellow to join our team to help better understand the neural correlates of violence and aggression. The successful candidate will have expertise in MRI data analysis and collection as well as extensive experience working with psychiatric populations in research settings.
The VPNRU is a multi-disciplinary group led by Dr. Nathan Kolla, MD, PhD, that uses MRI, positron emission tomography, and genetics to investigate different patient populations at heightened risk for violent behavior.
The post-doctoral fellow will lead an innovative project that seeks to understand how a psychological treatment for youth with conduct disorder affects their brain function and other biomarkers.
The ideal candidate for this job will possess:
- An MD or PhD with an emphasis on psychological theory and/or neuroscience
- Expertise with MRI (including structural and functional) data collection and analysis
- Experience in multivariate statistical techniques, programming, and scripting (e.g., R, python, or JAVA)
- Knowledge of genomics
- Extensive experience recruiting and testing research participants and patients
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Publication (or in press) of at least 2 first author papers
- Interest in working with forensic populations
This position is for a duration of up to three years, renewed yearly. Writing manuscripts and applying for independent grants and fellowships will be required. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. The candidate will receive longitudinal mentorship in launching a career as an independent investigator subsequent to the fellowship.
A complete application will include a statement of interest, CV, two first-authored publications (published or in press), and the names of 3 referees.
Please submit applications to Nathan Kolla at email@example.com with Postdoctoral Fellowship in the subject line. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The position will remain opened until filled.