– One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
– Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
– Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Medical Sciences, UNSW Australia, invites applications for the position of Associate Professor within the Department of Physiology and Translational Neuroscience Facility. The Department of Physiology has a long history of academic excellence in the broad area of human function and the Translational Neuroscience Facility has established a considerable reputation for innovative platforms directed at neurological disorders. This is an exciting opportunity to pursue collaborative opportunities in research and teaching within this dynamic School, the Faculty of Medicine and Brain Sciences UNSW.
About the role
– $143K-$157K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
– 3 year – Convertible Tenure Track position.
The appointed Associate Professor will be expected to make a significant contribution to excellence in research within the area of translational neuroscience. The appointee will be expected to establish a research team that complements the activities of the Translational Neuroscience Facility in the School of Medical Sciences
About the successful applicant
The successful candidate will be expected to develop a research program that engages with the forefront of physiological research on the national and international stage. This includes establishing a research program that engages biotechnology and / or pharma stemming from discovery-based research. Contributions to advanced research training programs at Hons and post-graduate levels are integral to the role.
To be successful in this role you will:
– PhD or a medical degree with a research track record in the physiological sciences or other allied discipline.
– Demonstrated commitment and ability to undertake collaborative research within the physiological sciences and evidence of high quality research publications and research funding in the area of translational neuroscience.
– Demonstrated ability in undergraduate teaching within the physiological sciences including the development and delivery of technology-enhanced learning.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Applications close: 4 January 2017
Professor Gary Housley, Head of Department of Physiology
T: (612) 9385 1057
Posting end date: 2017-01-05
View a PDF version of this advertisement: Associate Professor, UNSW Australia